My story is so long I wouldn’t even know where to begin. But in short I have been unwell for around 2 years now with possible IBD im still being seen about this. While I was really unwell with symptoms I began also suffering from terrible anxiety. On top of this I have tachycardia resulting in a resicukpis heart rate.

So.. 2 years ago because of all this I was given Sertraline. I took just one tablet and ended up in hospital for 2 days with tremors, having fits and my heart rate was 185 bpm , I really thought I was going to die.

Since all this my health has stayed pretty much the same in terms of feeing generally unwell every day due to stomach problems. And my anxiety has got worse than ever.

Every symptom makes me think I’m going to have a heart attack or become so unwell and die or that there’s something wrong and they haven’t found it.

I was informed yesterday by my doctor that I’m supposed to have been on Propranolol for the past year as advised by the cardiologist. Just picked up my prescription and I am too scared to take it.

I am tiny just 5ft and 5.5 stone as lost so much weight over the last few years. I fear that taking the tablet will make me really unwell or kill me - I know it’s stupid but the experience with the setraline has impacted
My life in such a huge way since the reaction that I am terrified of tablets I don’t take any pain killers even for a headache and up till now have refused my anxiety medication / depression medication.

I know I need to take these to help with my fast heart rate which in turn makes me have panic attacks but I am terrified once I swollo it I will have a horrible panic attack and convince myself I’m dying

Can someone please give me some feedback on how I might feel after taking it? It’s just 10mg twice a day as too scared for the 40mg they originally prescribed

Will I feel spaced? That makes me terrified... sorry for the long post I’m literally so nervous and scared and stuck between a rock and a hard place.