Hi everyone!

I'm from Poland and I'm new to the forum, sadly not new to OCD, GAD and health anxiety. I'm near my 40's now and I've been struggling from anxiety since I remember.

Anxiety comes and goes but sometimes a certain event triggers it again and sends fear sky high.

A few days ago I was standing on my balcony when suddenly something black literally fell from the sky on the floor. I immediately realized it's a bat. It was really small (a young one, as it turned out). I tried to avoid it but it gently bumped my leg. I fled in panic and closed the door from inside. The bat was not able to fly away on it's own. It crawled to my shoe an apparently fell asleep. I put a carton box on top of it... and started to freak out. Did it touch my leg or bite/scratched it? Did it have contact with me that I have no recollection of (I drank 3 beers before)? I started to browse the internet.
"Bat bites are so tiny that you may not see or even feel them", "30% of rabies cases in humans have unknown source" and so on... Extreme fear gripped me by the throat.

Somehow I managed to fell asleep, waking up a few times, thinking it's just a bad dream. But it wasn't.

Next day I called a guy who tends to wild animals in my city and he came, and grabbed the bat (bare hands!) and took it to a shelter. He reassured me there's absolutely nothing to worry about. I was at peace for some time.

Then, "What-Ifs" came. What if he didn't pass the bat to the reserve? What if the bat will be released and will show symptoms afterwards? What if he was a "carrier" (I'm not sure it's possible)?

I started to consider getting vaccinated (even called the hospital - they asked me if the bat bite me - I replied that probably not but I'm not sure - a "sane" person would probably ruled it out).

I will call the reserve tomorrow and ask about my bat-friend.