Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
This is true: the OP has simply reflected and adopted societal prejudices which are unfortunately very prevalent. Moreover, these skewed generalisations of what "normal" should be are ruining many (especially young) people's lives. Add mental illness into the mix and matters become even more distorted and dangerous.

And of course, to think that either gender only sees what's on the "inside" is not a true reflection of reality either. The problem is that outside pressures have created a very imbalanced and confused picture.
Agreed. I'm glad I'm a bit older because the dating scene must be a very different experience now for many? Sexuality & gender have become untangled and now we have so many labels it's hard to keep up.

I can't help but feel a lot of respect for someone who only looks to the inside. For instance, someone with a physically or mentally disabled partner (and anyone who has suffered physical trauma that has caused disfiguration, for instance) who would find dating far more difficult.