Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
With respect, not all patterns are identical in all people FMP, and what works with one person, may not with another. I think we can all come to our own descisions about if\when to respond, and at what point to cease. I think Toby IS, I hope, starting to logically work out that his symptoms are not what he perceives them to be. Of course, he may revert back and swing the other way, but working through things logically and building your own skills in analysing what is a threat, and what is not a threat is a worthwhile thing to do. Nobody can make somebody go and get anxiety help, which there is no doubt Toby has, but whilst he is asking here then my view is that it is better to at least try to work through some skills in self-help.
Thank you. I don't think I would achieve a lot in therapy right now because I feel like it's just ignoring my symptoms. I've also been a few times in the past and I feel like it's a huge waste of time, I already know rational thinking techniques and can work through things myself. If I wanted to I could try to unwind and it usually worksBut yes, I'm definitely starting to think I might have IBS, I just don't know if it's possible to have that without cramping. Apparently the biggest box to ticket in the criteria for that is cramping/stomach pains at least once a week.

I do think my worrying patterns are probably linked to my gut though.. like I say I always seem to be constipated when I worry a lot about colon cancer and especially when I'm just waiting for something to pass through.. it never really does. And after I eat a lot, and I do eat a lot of junk especially, I usually have diarrhea so that could explain that I suppose- except for when I'm constipated.

It's just, you know, scary seeing other teens on the rare occasion having IBS symptoms and then it turns out they have colon cancer