My GF would sympathise as she had pleurisy many years ago and had problems for some time afterwards.

Neuralgia isn't pleasant, I've had some of that with my face at times and my dad gets it with his neck. They offered him antidepressants for that, he threw them away when he read what they were (never even offered the physio side or exercises the NHS say they should but he is now classed as elderly so you know what GP's are like for pills with them...not suggesting you know because of yourself! ) as he's not re-opening that door after 40+ years depression free.

Have you crushed any cans or ripped any doors of without realising your strength this morning?

Yes, I would be interested in the pain management therapy too. I have always struggled with physical symptoms. I expect it's going to be heavy on what you already know (acceptance, changing how you see things and just getting on with it) but anything that helps is worth trying.

I agree with the others, chronic pain grinds you down. It's the cause of depression for many alone. There are areas in my anxiety I struggle with that are based around pain and it's hard to breakthrough that into the exercise I want to do so I will be interested in something specific for pain management. From what I've seen when looking at therapy techniques it can be things like pacing, knowing when not to push yourself.

But most of all I hope it helps you, which is the most important thing here.

(oh and it will be handy to say "well pulisa does it" the next time someone on a thread is telling us why they can't pursue mental health treatment until they get passed one of their HA fears )