So, I went to the orthopedic doctor yesterday for problems and pain with my hand (thumb), and he diagnosed it as something called Trigger thumb. He also did some x rays of my leg, and spine, because I have had some intermittent pain down one leg. Firstly, when I was waiting for him to read the x-rays, I wanted to put my pants back on and I sat on the chair in my underwear. That scared me first, because I am severe germaphobe. But, worse was yet to come the doctor brought the cortisone injection, saying that it will resolve my hand pain at least for a year. I agreed, and I got the shot in the base of my thumb. When I left the clinic, I was actually happy, also because the doctor, an older man, was very pleasant, and famous orthopedic surgeon in the area, so I trusted him. However, - and it is a huge however - in the middle of the night I woke up with horrible anxiety because I did not see him taking new syringe/needle?! I have had this haunting fear that somehow I will get infected with HIV, and it repeats itself on and on. This is a highly reputable orthopedic clinic within Mayo clinic affiliated hospital in the suburb of Washington D.C. – but do I even have to mention it? I cannot stop the anxiety, do not know how to do it. I think I am this rare, sad creature who gets HIV testing at least once a year, without being sexually active or drug user. This is absolutely ruining my life, to say the least. Do I have to go again to test, after having a test 2 months ago, because I do not know how to get rid of the anxiety and rumination? (I tested than because I thought that few months earlier a barista in Starbucks spit into my coffee). Beg of you, friend and fellow sufferers, I need an honest reply, no matter how cruel. Thank you