Hi All

I have been a member for a long time and always find this site so helpful. At the moment I am really struggling with high anxiety - wake up sweating, heart racing wanting to retch and shaky. This continues for most of day. Out of the blue I go hot and clammy and feel sick at various times throughout the day. I am fearful of going out and have no patience or interest in anything. It started in December with crying, agitation and anxiety and has developed into a deep anxious/depression. The trigger was delayed grief and I was feeling overwhelmed in my work.

I have been on 20mg clomipramine for past 5 years (hardly a dose), GP upped the dose to 50mg on 7th Jan which I know is still not high, but I really struggle with with taking meds and think I make myself worse. I cannot tolerate SSRI's or venlafaxine (SNRI) - they made me feel so ill. Does anyone have any suggestions on tricyclic AD's and if switching to another would make a difference? Also Mirtazapine has been mentioned but unsure on this as I don't know of anyone on it for experience. I am really struggling making it through the days feeling like I do, I try to keep myself busy as I can't it still but don't want to do anything at the same time.