I think I might put my money on Gove for PM. He is less likely to go No Deal than others and at the last leadership contest they dropped Leadsom like a stone and her views were known.

Now he has offered the 3m free passports he will be seen favourably by people across the political spectrum.

McVey has come out fighting but I question how toxic she is with the public given her past with IDS and the DWP.

The same with Hunt over the NHS. I never saw why they were so popular with the PM and assumed it was for their Leave support because they are pretty toxic characters to the public.

Amber Rudd seems to be getting lined up as the first female Chancellor of the Exchequer. Boris and Hunt seem to have offered here this opportunity. I'm not sure I would see her applying for PM at this point as she feels like someone working their way up to it. In such a senior position she is going to surely be a problem for the likes of Boris, and said she would only support him if he drops No Deal but we shall see how her principles hold in the face of ambition (and she can always spin it as fighting the system from within), but she might be a fit for the likes of Gove?

The spin is in over the EP voting though. The Guardian read Corbyn's comments as willing to offer a 2nd referendum but the BBC read them as falling just short of this and trying to remain on the fence again. Will he resign? Will they boot him finally? Uncle Len seems to be finding his way back to previous power but he doesn't actually want a 2nd referendum...after all that stuff he & his union cronies were spouting about being firm Remain and how the referendum result was wrong, didn't reflect their members, etc.

The vote share shows Remain got more votes, so it's being spun as a Remain win and a 2nd referendum is needed. Farage will spin it as a No Deal win as leading party with most MEP's appointed and most regions won. The map does show most of the UK as Leave which you would think would worry Labour but many of them seem to be so after regaining the lost LibDem votes that they have forgotten how actual GE/LE voting goes with their power bases.

It will be interesting to review what is behind the vote share, where the numbers fell. I've seen the total votes but what about the regional voting?

But we also mustn't forget how low the turnout was. For them to argue the UK is now Remain due to a low turnout vote is a big disingenuous.