I’m surprisingly not as panicked as I normally would be, but I’m still pretty concerned. So, I have a permanent crown on one of my molars that I’ve had for almost a year now. Well, a problem I’ve had with it is if I were to bite down kind of hard on it, I would get a sudden painful sensation, but it would go away. Well, recently I had done the same thing, only this time it was excruciating. And now, the pain is close to unbearable, and I’m taking ibuprofen every few hours just to manage it. It was really bad two days ago, then yesterday it was completely gone, and today its back again. I have no issue going to the dentist and having it pulled as I don’t have dental insurance, but I could afford out of pocket to have it pulled. Anything to get rid of the pain. What’s odd is it’s only like a weird sensation with the pain, meaning when I take an ibuprofen, I can tell where the pain was if that makes sense at all. Knock on wood, it’s not swollen, nothing like that, but the part that scares me is I’m developing an infection that will kill me.

I plan on contacting the dentist on Monday, as they’re obviously not open on the weekend, but I just don’t want anything to happen to me. Has anyone else ever had something like this happen to them?