Thread: Fearing ALS

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Fearing ALS

Thanks for the post Whome, its nice to hear stories of people who have come out the other side and are fine. It's just so draining, one minute im feeling a bit better and more positive then shortly after ill be in a complete state after feeling a new twitch or tingle etc and it starts all the worrying off again. I just dont know what im being hypervigilant to and whats due to my psychological state anymore and its doing my head in. Im walking round doing all these things to test my strength and movement abilities and the moment something seems slightly off it scares the hell out of me. Is it possible to be hypervigilant to your body without actually thinking you are i wonder?
    Main things im dealing with are a fizzing/tingling feeling in my legs mostly when sitting or laying down. Twitching going on a fair bit aswell. Ive also seemed to have some excess saliva occasionally but i did briefly see something about that being a symtom of ALS so it could be my mind playing on that. I didnt know if the issue with saliva in ALS was because people cant swallow easily though and thats what im hoping as opposed to the body just making more. I darent look it up. I totally know what you mean about the hoping the diagnosis is MS thing. MS was originally the thing i was worried about in relation to all this but when i started seeing things about ALS it totally freaked me out and now im exactly the same as you, ive told myself i hope it is MS as the alternative in ALS is so much worse. Thats not to be disrespectful to anyone with MS as its clearly a tremendously hard thing to cope with day to day. Its just not ALS.
    Im supposed to be going on holiday with family in a couple of weeks and right now im not even looking forward to it half the time. Just sick of the constant backwards and forwards in my mind over the cause of these sensations. Ive been seem by two doctors and had strength and reflex tests etc which were all fine. Ive also had every blood test under the sun. Im being referred for some nerve conduction tests and petrified tbh :(
    Last edited by daytona1; 31-08-19 at 13:48.

Thread Information