Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
Allow me to give you a different perspective. While I'm not a sufferer, I've dealt with depression and what I call "scanxiety" after my illnesses. Two heart attacks, triple bypass, stents and Stage IVa head and Neck cancer. Fun eh? There are some members that have dealt with their worst fears as well and are here offering advice and some have worked hard on their anxiety and moved on. I found this site by following obvious sufferers from the cancer forum I was part of to give them a piece of my mind. I ended up staying to try and help. I have a daughter that suffers from depression and anxiety and it's helped me understand things more.

The treatment for my illnesses left me with a plethora of side effects, many of them quite unpleasant. Tack on a pill here and a pill there (7 prescriptions and several more supplements and OTC meds) to help control them and I do Ok. The best medicine for me aside from the prescriptions is to do my best to maintain a positive attitude. "Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we handle it" - Charles Swindoll

There are days when I feel I've been run over by a truck but the reality is, I have no choice but to carry on and live the best life I can. I can still have a great day at work even though I felt like sh1t So I push through maintaining the hope that tomorrow will be a better day and don't beat myself up if it isn't. You have to do the same.

Just as I have a catalyst for my symptoms, you do to! Treatment cause mine. Anxiety causes yours. Treat your anxiety and you also treat the symptoms associated with it. And even if treating your anxiety doesn't eliminate the twitching, so what? I would trade the neuropathy, muscle spasms in my neck so bad it makes my eyes water or the general lack of saliva and swallowing issues etc. etc. etc. from surgery, chemo and radiation for some twitchy calves

Positive thoughts

Thank you for posting this and for your many other reassuring posts.