Hi all - I'm off back to the docs in 20 mins. I've been going now for 6 months and keep coming home with SSRI's or Tricyclics. I have yet to receive anything for my all day long anxiety, and end up coming off the new meds because I can't handle the increased anxiety during the "incubation" time taken for the meds to kick in.

I keep self medicating with alcohol to handle the anxiety, and its got the point where its become as big a problem as the anxiety itself. It was interesting on my last visit to the docs for him to tell me that alcohol was better, or if not, just as bad as benzodiazapines - currently a front line treatment for anxiety.

Well today I'm seeing a different doc. If its the same response today as every other time I've been then thats it for doctors. I'll have heard enough. It'll be time to soar or sink on my own.

BTW - I've been nothing but upfront about all my symtoms, actions, problems and drinking. I must have related the same story now twice a month for the last 6 months at least.

I would say wish me luck, but if it wasn't for my other half pushing me I wouldn't even be going today. So better to wish an understanding pair of ears rather than a doc who believes he can fix my "chemical imbalance" without addressing the anxiety.

Krakers.