Hi all

So basically i've had bouts of insomnia for a while now (since 2017)due to anxiety which come and go but for the last week (with the help of my missus) i have been slowly realising something.

She has been recording me snoring this past week in times where i was absolutely sure i didn't sleep. It's so odd. I also have times where i would dream about not sleeping...like i'm lying in my bed tossing and turning but i am actually dreaming.

I usually feel ok the next day which wouldn't be the case if i was getting the small amount of sleep i thought i was getting so been researching stuff and sure enough i think i often get bouts of sleep misperception which i am relieved about. It's apparently very common amongst anxiety sufferers. Our body is getting the adequate rest but our brain is still active (i also get hypnic jerks a bit which also makes sense).

I just wanted to post this because i wanted a positive thread where maybe others are dealing with this. Yesterday was really an eye opener for me.