Hi guys,

I used to visit this forum a lot a few years ago. As my anxiety and depression got better with therapy and medication I stopped coming here. Unfortunately I recently noticed that my health anxiety is trying to get to me again...

In the last 6 months I had multiple health issues which led me to question if my immune system is working properly.

I got treated with antibiotics for bronchitis, as a result of long antibiotics therapy I developed a fungal skin infection which took 8 weeks to cure. Afterwards I got a serious sinus infection which, again could only be treated with antibiotics. This means that my skin problems came back. 5-6 weeks ago, I was still not finished with the skin treatment when I got a serious case of flu. I had a fever of 39,7, shivers and muscule/bone pain and I was suffocating despite using Ventolin 3 times a day (I have allergic asthma, so I use the puffer 2 times a year, when my allergies get triggered). I ended going to weekend-emergency-GP (I don't know if the english speakers know what I mean but it's something we have in NL), she prescribed prednisolone and told me to come back if I still cant breathe. I absolutely hate this medication as it makes my heart race and increases my anxiety, but I took it anyway. It didn't help, so on Monday, barely breathing I went to my GP, which concluded that the viral infection became bacterial and prescribed me antibiotics. Luckily they helped, and after a few days I started to breathe better.

Now, almost 4 weeks after finishing the antibiotic, I still feel fatigued when I go hiking, and I need to adjust the distance and speed of my walks.
That's not the worst part though. Yesterday I started to feel a little sick, and today I woke up with a sore throat. I feel the slime dripping at the back of my throat, and I worry that it will go to my lungs, and get me another bronchitis...

I think my fears are also partially related to the fact that I travelled with public transport on Thursday, and I spent some time with people who travelled from one of the EU regions where coronavirus was found. This fear certainly plays on my head, even though I realise that the risks of me getting sick with a coronavirus are almost non existent.

My biggest problem is that I no longer know what's normal... Is my immune system compromised? Is it normal to be that sick all the time? Why does this happen to me all the time? :-(

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk