Thread: IBS and blood in poo, worried!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IBS and blood in poo, worried!

I suffer badly with health anxiety and spend hours every day researching my symptoms and fretting like mad that I have some form of advanced cancer.

I have suffered with IBS D for the past 3 years which consists of morning urgency and a couple of loose motions every morning. After that I feel fine for the rest of the day unless I’ve eaten something to really upset me (a lot of rich food).

I have now had two instances (2 months apart) where I have been adamant there is red blood. The first was on the toilet paper and the second was on the Diarrhea. I am now in a complete frenzy of panic.

The amount was very small, just 4 tiny visible streaks. Gross but I got it out and inspected it and prodded it with some toilet paper, it just transferred as an orange stain! There was also 3-4 chunks of bright red pepper from food I had eaten over the previous couple of days. Is it possible that some of the pepper came out so mushed up it looked a bit liquify rather than a solid chunk!?

There has been no blood since that motion, even when I went again twice afterwards (triggered by anxiety) there was no blood.

I have of course been to the doctor, who is adamant all is ok but has referred me to a gastroenterologist and for CBT.

I’m so worried, all I can focus on is dying. I am getting married this year l and have so much fear that I won’t even make it to my wedding.

Info: I’m a 25y/o femail, healthy weight, have had full bloods, stool tests and fecal calprotectin, all of which came back negative.

I have not yet had a colonoscopy or sigmoidoscopy which I why I am so worried.

Please help!
    Last edited by WorriedOlive; 28-02-20 at 09:42.

Thread Information