Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
No I don't Mischa, because at this point (and fingers crossed it won't get to that point) its not 'going around'. Maybe at some point it will, and if it does then it does and we will all need to follow careful procedures to protect others etc. but with 51 UK cases out of 65 million people it isn't 'going around'.

I reckon that singing Happy Birthday twice takes about 28 seconds for me, so I think I'll stick to counting rather than singing lol

Is anyone else thinking the government is sounding rather defeatist about it at the moment ? All their plans for 1/5 th of workers off and so on, I thought we were still in 'containment' territory, or that is what WHO says.
Without me getting too bogged down in politics, being the thorny subject it already is in its own right, it does superficially seem as though the govt are sounding 'defeatist', but I personally think they (and all the other relevant authorities) just feel an obligation to err on the side of caution by overestimating the possible risks of the virus escalating, regardless of whether they turn out to be right or wrong. If the virus does happen to escalate in the UK in due course, they cannot then be accused of 'covering up' and 'playing down' the potential risks. As the situation is constantly shifting, even the so-called 'experts' are still in the process of learning.

In the meantime, we still need to try to remain calm and heed the advice of the proper 'experts', and not the know-it-all 'fake news-mongers', 'conspiracy theorists' and the like on social media, etc.