Thread: Forgotten Public Panics

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Forgotten Public Panics

Today whilst out walking the dog I was having flashbacks to March 2018 when we were in the grip of the 'Beast from the East', plus the Skipral poisoning incident in Salisbury and all the frenzied hysteria and constant talk of imminent Armageddon that ensued in the media.

Although pretty damn scary and unsettling at the time, the consequential lockdowns of the affected areas of Salisbury following said incident turned out to be a mere walk in the park compared to the whole of this country going into full-on lockdown just over two years later, let alone the 'whole' of Salisbury this time!

Though not necessarily a 'panic' as such, I never forget that loudmouth bloke who was forever yelling 'STOP BREXIT!' outside Parliament during the last few months of that same year (2018), who seemed to had disappeared by the time of last December's GE. Why the hell did the BBC, ITN, etc have to interview MPs and the like in the street outside the HOP with all that constant wretched background racket infiltrating said interviews, which I personally found extremely distracting. Surely there must be special private rooms inside the Commons and Lords for interviewing MPs. Also it poses a security hazard, especially in this current climate of terrorism paranoia!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 27-12-20 at 19:03.

Thread Information