Quote Originally Posted by Scissel73 View Post
I do get panic attacks in public stores, but I have awful agoraphobia so its a struggle for me to go out anyway. I can't go into stores where there are high pressure salesmen.
Don't get me started on high-pressure salesmen, whether in shops, or on market stalls, as the really are one of the biggest banes of my life, especially those who accost you as soon as you set foot in their store or approach their market stall literally telling you what to buy.

I find them extremely intimidating and disrespectful, especially the way some of them invade my personal space. I on many occasions have felt very tempted to tell them to eff off and leave me alone, but of course that would have only landed me in bother, especially as shop staff being on the receiving end of abuse from customers seems to be the subject of a moral panic these days, but sometimes (dare I say it) I wonder if they often ask for it themselves, especially those arsy, pushy, arrogant and extremely unhelpful shop staff members with a very bad attitude who seem to revel in treating us customers with contempt, even if we've done nothing wrong.

Hardly surprising many shops have been struggling over the past 20 years or so. At least one of the main advantages of online shopping is not being intimidated by those pushy/stroppy barstewards of shop staff.