Hi

I’m new to this forum so will give you a bit of a background about me. I suffer from health anxiety, which has escalated over the years following my breast cancer diagnosis when I was 35. I am now 44. I have received counselling over the years and currently take an anti depressant to help manage my anxiety.

Over the past month I have experienced a small amount of blood with my bowel movements, after 3 requests for a GP appointment I finally saw my GP on Monday who carried out a rectal examination and diagnosed internal piles. This should have put my mind at rest but I’ve become completely obsessed with the thought that I have bowel cancer. I just don’t believe what my GP says. I think this stems from my GP dismissing my breast cancer symptoms because of my age and no family history and I had to seek a second opinion.

Since my breast cancer diagnosis I’ve diagnosed myself with various cancers over the years and have always been wrong!! However because I’ve already had cancer I struggle because I’m just expecting to get another type!

I’m very fortunate to have survived cancer but struggle to live my life because of the constant fear.