Hi all, unfortunately I can feel myself going down the rabbit hole which ruined my life for 6 months a few years ago.

I know I had a glut of tests a few years ago which didn't find anything, but I never really felt I had an answer to this particular symptom.

I had loads of these flare ups before my sigmoidoscopy a few years ago and then they stopped when I wasn't diagnosed with anything nasty. However I had one flare up in May, and another one this week.

It basically starts off with a very bloated painful abdomen, feels like I'm full of wind. The pain is more concentrated on the right hand side and below my ribs, and is pretty consistent for 3 or 4 days - going to the toilet doesn't change it - maybe a slight, short term relief perhaps. Bowel movements are pretty much as usual. Clothes feel quite tight on me, and movement like bending over or moving from side to side in bed for example is painful. The most worrying symptom is that the middle to right side of my abdomen, feels really tender when I press in - feels bruised.

Now, I don't know what to do anymore. The docs will probably just tell me its IBS again, but this doesn't sound like anything I read online about IBS - especially the constant pain. IBS pain usually relieves itself after going to the toilet, this doesn't.

I've tried paracetemol, mebeverine, buscopan, peppermint capsules, Nothing helps when I get these flare ups.

I'm starting to think about Crohns, Diverticular disease because there are no other organs in that area. Except for maybe my appendix, but it's unlikely to be that.