Thread: Supraclavicular node

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Supraclavicular node

I had been a lot better with my anxiety until this. So I got my flu shot in my left arm the first part of October. About a week later my collar bone was sore so of course I was rubbing it and noticed my node then. I kept feeling of it for several days but forgot about it when we moved into our new house at the end of October. The area was still tender like when the seatbelt would rub on it though. I’m sure the node was still swollen. Then two days before Thanksgiving I got my Covid booster and the whole left side of my chest was a bit puffy and my collar bone has been sore off and on since then. Of course the node is still there. My neck feels pretty sore on that side today too. The node itself to me feels soft and movable and more oval shape but I’m no doctor. Anyway I spoke to my regular doctor via zoom call this morning and she scared me to death! She said I could give it another two weeks and if it’s still there she’ll have to order imaging. I asked her if she would be in her office so she could feel it for herself and she said no matter what it felt like she’d still order imaging. She said if nodes are swollen more than six weeks that means they’re not just reactive nodes. I can’t get what she said out of my head! I did have some lab work done yesterday but it was just a complete blood count and comprehensive metabolic panel and they were normal. For those who don’t know or don’t remember I did have breast cancer about nine years ago. Plus I’m 45 years old so that’s not on my side either. The kind I had was supposed to have less chance of recurrence after five years but… I emailed my Oncology nurse to see if I can get in with my Oncologist anytime soon. I’m in Texas now though and my Oncologist is in North Carolina, but he knows my history. I don’t have any new symptoms since I last saw my Oncologist, other than this node. All that said, is there any way to hold onto any hope or believe that this is not cancer metastasis? I have read about people having swollen arm pit nodes and supraclavicular nodes that last a few months after the covid shots but this one started after my flu shot. I can’t stop touching the dang thing either! It’s not noticeable to the eye but when I feel for it it’s there. I’m sure it’s bigger than when I first noticed it too. Anyway I’m a petrified woman at the moment. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by StephA; 29-12-21 at 17:10. Reason: Adding some stuff

Thread Information