As the New Year approaches I'm already kicking myself in the arse (excuse my language) for some things I did not this year. I feel like, if I had just done some volunteering once charity shops reopened in say, the Summer, I could've recovered a bit from my anxiety and given myself something to do. But not only have I remained at home like a loser, my anxiety has gotten worse and worse, to the point where I fear I've done some permanent damage to my brain.

And now, I've spent the entirety of 2021 unemployed and at home. Sure, the first half was understandable since we were still in lockdown but as soon as restrictions were getting lifted again something should've told me "Ok, no excuses, get some volunteer work if you're still unemployed" but no, I didn't. I can't even enjoy the Holidays now. Why the heck does it take until its too late for me to realise these things?

I need some help. I really feel like I could've cured and helped myself for the better by doing this. But I didn't so therefore I have to suffer the consequences. Any advice? Thanks.