Hi there,

Today I had a transvaginal ultrasound finally, because I was having pelvic cramps and rectal cramping that worsened around ovulation, as well as my periods suddenly becoming a bit weird and heavier than normal. I came off the combined pill about a few months back, which I did so because I was diagnosed with HPV (no abnormal cells) which concerned me that it might worsen the virus if I kept taking them. I definitely wonder if it was hiding some symptoms because since then I've had a lot of issues.

My most recent symptoms as well happened on my period, I actually had bleeding from the back passage when having a bowel movement. This caused me to have extreme anxiety because it was quite a moderate amount. I definitely checked in case it was just running from the front but it was evidently from the back passage. So I obviously have had some panic around that.

The ultrasound today I managed to get through okay, slight discomfort sometimes but easier to go through than the smear test haha. The sonographer didn't seem to want to tell me anything, whereas the last time I had a transvaginal ultrasound (a few years ago) the lady had said there and then that nothing was wrong. I asked if there was anything concerning and they said "nothing significant" but while I was changing I heard them mention something about thickened lining. Upon looking that up (which I shouldn't have) I started panicking and worrying about worse case scenarios.

Does anyone know what this could be? I was actually beginning to think I might have endometriosis due to adhesions in the past around my ovaries (and being stuck to my uterus wall) but I never had a diagnosis even tho I had a laproscopy at that time. But I guess it could be something else, which is frightening me...

Is it possible they wouldn't have said "nothing of significance" if there was anything to worry about? 7-10 days waiting for results from my GP feels like it's gonna be sooo long! I also have a blood test to check for hormonal issues on the 3rd of May due to constant night sweats, and now worried the night sweats are something to worry over...