Hi, I'm 35 and struggled with health anxiety for over 10 years. Some years go by and I manage it well and others I spiral quite bad.
I started feeling unwell at the beginning of march, I felt a pressure type pain in my upper centre abdomen, occasionally to the left and stabbing pains round the side to my left flank area. This happens every day but only in the afternoons/ evenings. I wake up in the morning feeling ok and as the day goes on I feel it coming on, sometimes it's bad sometimes its mild. I went to the doctors had liver/kidney/pancreas blood tests along with full blood count and CRP all normal. After a few weeks of the pain they sent me for a endoscopy and abdominal ultrasound, endoscopy showed mild gastritis which the doctor said wouldn't cause any pain and my ultrasound showed no gallstones but a fatty liver, which again the doctor said wouldn't cause pain.
Now here's why I'm worried, I used to drink quite heavily, I've known about my fatty liver for 3 years after a ultrasound and raised LFTs years ago and didnt really cut down on the alcohol until last year or try to lose any weight. I'm worried that the ultrasound may have missed cirrhosis.
Or I'm worried I have chronic pancreatitis from my alcohol use, the left flank pain and upper stomach ache points to pancreas
I've also had a borderline calprotectin result which I've heard can be associated with cirrhosis or pancreatitis.

My doctor has referred me to a gastroenterologist but all this waiting is causing me so much distress