I know both viruses are different to each other and that so far the experts generally believe that Monkeypox is less problematic than Covid, but I can't help imagining scenarios where Monkeypox turns out to be far more serious than currently believed, especially as on the face of it, it seems that cases are rising exponentially and I can sense a bit of early Covid pandemic 'deja vu' where the experts and authorities initially seemed to play down the seriousness of Covid, of which we're still seeing the profound repercussions of almost 2 and 1/2 years on.

Strangely I'm not necessarily scared of catching Monkeypox myself, and I don't mean to sound selfish, but it's more the thought of having to go through a load of restrictions once again just like in 2020 and the first few months of 2021.

There must be something going on as Monkeypox cases suddenly seem to be increasing en masse. In fact, it seems like a mini-pandemic already!

Meanwhile (and most ironically), Covid barely seems to be getting any mention in the daily news headlines of late, despite it still being more widespread and problematic than Monkeypox so far!