Hi All,
Please help me. Have been doing ok for a while but had a freakout today. I woke up this morning and went to the bathroom at around 7:00 am. After that I did not drink any water until 9:30 am. Between 9:30 and 4:00 pm, I drank only 3/4 cup of water, it's also warm and I was sweating.
Any way, around 1:30, I decided to go pee - not because I felt like but because I had a meeting and then had to go pick up my son right after. I really did not feel like going, and it's normal for me to not go for 6-8 hours.
When I sat to pee, I felt like no pee would come out. I immediately freaked out about urinary retention and cauda equina syndrome and ran out of the bathroom in panic. 15 mins later I tried again for 10 secs and panicked again after no luck. Anyway, my mouth was parched and after picking up my kid I drank a couple gulps of water from his water bottle. About an hour or so later I felt the urge to go, and despite my panic, I was able to go normally without straining. It's only been a while since I went so I don't want to try again any time soon. But I am petrified that this is urinary retention and the beginnings of cauda equina and I need immediate surgery. Please help!