Hi all, not a health related topic for a rare change.

Background info, we currently live in the same town as my mother in law but 35/40mins from my mum.

I don't really want to move house anyway, but my partner has always had this 'dream' of living in the countryside in a smallholding type of thing. She currently has a horse on a friends' farm, but wants to have the horse with her.

But I have been open to moving if it could mean moving towards my mum a little bit, but obviously still close to the girls' school for commuting.

My partner has been looking at the market, and she's figured out that houses are cheaper the other side of our town, further away from my mum. She's now found a property in that area which means an extra 15/20 minute drive away from my mum and family, which she said is 'perfect' and within budget. Properties closer to my mum are more expensive, I'll admit that, and she has been looking for a long time for somehwre with land - so I can understand that she's frustrated and upset about my stance.

It's caused huge arguments because I've said before that I'm not moving further away from my mum, especially after we lost our dad last year. I want to ensure that I'm not too far away if/when my mum needs help in the future. My partner says I'm being unreasonable and that I'm not thinking about hers or my daughters' needs to 'have a better life', and that I'm choosing my mum over them. She's also using my mental health against me a bit by saying I've put her through lots of crap over the past 2 years because of my HA, and that I 'owe' her this move.

Does anyone think I am being unreasonable? I know 15/20 minutes isn't that much, but it all adds up - especially to my mum as she's the one that comes to help us with the school runs and general help most weeks. She's not getting any younger and won't like a 60 minute drive to come and see us.

Title should have said 'make me move' btw.
I understand that she wants to achieve her dream, but I think she's being very callous regarding my situation and my mum/family.