Thread: Text book MS symptoms! Absolutely terrified

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Text book MS symptoms! Absolutely terrified

Feel certain it’s MS as it fits everything I have read.

- left arm and leg feel weak and “dead” 24/7 (but no weakness as far as I know, I am very active and can still do my runs although they ache more than usual after). Terrifying as I know ms tends to strike one side only.

- tingling in left foot in one specific spot of the sole that was there permanently for a week but is now minor and intermittent

- tingling also occurs in other random areas of legs and feet, on both left and right side but these are fleeting and come and go

- left eye feels weird, like I need to keep blinking as otherwise it kind of burns. No change to vision but I’m constantly checking it

- muscle twitches; had one on my left thigh that lasted a couple of hours after a panic attack and then since then I’ve been getting them in other locations of my legs and buttocks but they just last a few seconds. Never had these before in my life

- feel like I’m slurring my words sometimes, although if I am it’s minor and that could be anxiety

- I have type 1 diabetes and scared myself senseless after reading it makes you a lot more susceptible to MS

- I am 33 years old so bang in the age where MS is most common

soooo, based on the above it’s looking bad, right? Waiting for a neuro referral but feeling deflated, anxious and depressed. Also I am male so read that if I do have it then it’s more likely to be the “bad” kind that just gets worse and worse and doesn’t give you remission periods.

I went through the most stressful period of my life 3-4 weeks ago so maybe that’s triggered it. Genuinely feel like my life is over and so depressed
    Last edited by oceanscape; 24-08-22 at 07:08.

Thread Information