Hello everyone,

I have been having fasciculations all over my body since August. I did some Google search and came to the conclusion that I have ALS. I was very afraid and for 3 months I have waited for the doctor appointment and had a clean clinical exam and clean EMG/NCS 10 days ago on lower and upper limbs both sides. At that time I had burning sensation on tip of my tongue however my neurologist did not do any EMG on tongue. After that I have started having more bulbar symptoms day by day, I have swallowing issues (today I even had nasal regurgitation) tongue bites and cramps at sleep (I am not sure if tongue hurts because of the biting or are cramps/paralysis), I feel my speech is a little bit different as well (although my family disagrees). By the way I have some erectile dysfunction and weak legs and arms (that is how I feel but I can still lift things without a problem, I can do squats etc).

I have seen 2 neuros, the aforementioned neuro 3 times, she told me that there is no neurological problem that I have and asked me to go to psychiatrist.

I have started SSRI and hydroxyzine 3 days ago but I still feel I am having something physiologic. Pyschiatrist told me that it will take at least 15 days for pills to help.

Is it possible to develop swallowing issues, on/off breathing problems, slurred speech in just 10 days after clean EMG ? I have GERD, is it possible that long term health anxiety and GERD together cause these ? It feels so real but my neuro dismissed me and asked me to not to spend my money to neurologists anymore.