Hello all, finally I am biting the bullet and having my gallbladder and it’s whopping stone removed at end of March. I was supposed to get it done 2 years ago but it was during covid so I put it off. As my attacks have increased I have decided I need to get it sorted as they are so painful and debilitating. In between attacks I have no issues and unlike many have not found any particular triggers. This is mainly why I have delayed getting it done. Mid attack when rolling around in agony, I will happily whip it out there and then but afterwards it is much less of a priority!

Anyhoo, I have a few questions and don’t want to google (have been prone to health anxiety) so as quite common I thought others maybe on here have experience of this?

My op is scheduled as keyhole, so I am expecting to be home same day (consultant says take bag just in case but not likely to stay in), however assuming it is keyhole will I be up to working (desk job which I can do from home) within a day or so? I also have some prebooked theatre tickets for 3 days after which I’d like to not waste, also driving? Any tips or things to be aware of? The dr went through so many risks but I know that is standard. All being well am I likely to need to be near loo for several days after? In pain from the gas, incisions or internal procedure? Apart from having health related anxiety I am quite stoic and optimistic when getting stuff done. Am I kidding myself I wil be up and about, at theatre, poss working etc within a day or two? Feel free to dm me if anything is a poss trigger, I just want to set my own expectations. A friend had it done (but can be a tad dramatic) and reckons I will struggle for weeks to do anything! Surely not?!

Thanks
Love flump x