Hi everybody

I don't really know where to begin. I lurked here a bit and am going through a hard time with med changes, so decided to post.

I was on escitalopram for a long time for anxiety and it was really helpful. Then this past year I was diagnosed with CPTSD and have been doing EMDR therapy, which has been so hard on me. It's been helpful but wow, unearthing a lot. The escit. just hasn't been cutting it, have been really depressed, have had lots of nightmares, and anxiety got worse again. I have been on leave from work for 6 weeks.

I started seeing a psych. APRN. First we tried prazosin for nightmares/sleep. It lowered my BP too much and I fainted and threw up for an hour after getting up in the morning. Pass. Then we changed to 0.1 mg clonidine at night. I started that but only took half a pill and it's been okay for the first two days but I am really tired during the day even with taking them at bedtime.

I still feel really depressed. APRN told me to up the escit to 30 mg which was a little weird to me. I thought 20 mg was the most. I tried it, it didn't help anyway and I was super irritable. I told my PCP who also thought it was strange.

Now APRN prescribed wellbutrin extended release to supplement the depression while coming back to 20 mg on escit. I am REALLY nervous because apparently it lowers the seizure threshold and I had 3-4 fever seizures as a kid. APRN was not concerned about that but I have it in my head that this is not safe for me. I am picturing the worst (seizure while driving with my daughter in the car, etc). I have the bottle but am too scared to take it. I have messaged her a few times asking if we could try a different thing but she has not responded.

I am so tired of this process. Has anybody taken wellbutrin/bupropion before? I just want something to work that also won't scare me or increase my risk of seizures. I have to go back to work in 2 1/2 weeks and I just want to get this right before that. I hate feeling this depressed. Anxiety was always my issue for so long and the escit helped so much until this year. This CPTSD has wrecked havoc on my life, my mood, my relationship. I am just fed up ....