Thread: Musical acts who were really big at on time but eventually vanished from mainstream p

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Musical acts who were really big at on time but eventually vanished from mainstre

What about that Crazy Frog thing back in the mid 2000s?

That started off as a ringtone around 2004, then ended up being a hit single; a dance remake of the 1985 hit 'Axel F'.

I recall this one staff member some 5 years earlier playing on the computer there this still image of a racing car with what eventually became the Crazy Frog sound (A dingdingdingding, blah blah blah) superimposed over it, which I thought was dead funny and amusing at the time, but the creator and supplier of the Crazy Frog ringtone (Jamster, I think they were called) obviously stole and hijacked the sound, and eventually it did my nut in, plus it was also a reflection of the increasingly dumbed down culture of that era.

More recently (at the end of 2021), Crazy Frog released a comeback single 'Tricky', which bombed spectacularly (thank God)!

So much for 2000s nostalgia then, unlike the decades that came before, in the context of the typical 20-year cycle!
    Last edited by Lencoboy; 08-02-24 at 09:21.

Thread Information