Welcome back Ross and well done with all you have achieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
It was the first time I had ever travelled that distance on my own, and I went to meet someone I had never physically met before, so it was a huge undertaking for me. But I guess the 'want' to accomplish it was greater than the fear.
Although I haven't been on anywhere near as long a journey as you, I totally agree about 'wanting' to do something more than the 'fear'. I often say I cannot do something but motivation does play a very big role in the difference between what is practically possible for me to achieve and what I am willing to take the risk to try.

Having just come back from the meet up this weekend, right until the last minute I had so many doubts and loads of anxiety - should I drive that far? can I do it? Is it sensible or even reasonable? Then having made the journey (and backed out once on an offer of staying with someone new that I know from this site), I took up her kind offer of staying over last night and I am pleased I did. It is another good friend I have made on this site and another opportunity for our friendship to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Unfortunately, I cant tell you how Im feeling because I can't find the words to explain it. All I can say is its a bloody good feeling.
Explains it very well to me! We all make our own choices in the end but I believe we can take on board the experiences and learn from others. I certainly am still learning all the time and also feel encouraged and supported in my personal journey.

Karen