Hi all, I havent been on the forum for a while. I was first diagnosed with anxiety when I 19 (over 20 years ago) and underwent initially treatment with anti-depressants, beta-blockers together with CBT and things seemed to settle down although there have always been ups and downs where it has come back with avengance but I have won through and battled on and it has passed. I have been under a lot of pressure recently with so much different stress to manage - work, home and family problems all at once. I thought I was coping really well and managed to get through in my mind fighting the anxiety and by pushing myself to keep going regardless of feeling panicky as I would get through each day and not give in to it. However I am finding the daily chore of trying to get through it to be wearing me down. I feel that after all these years of having anxiety and panic disorder that I should be able to deal with it without resorting to going back to my GP and back on meds again. I have not taken anti-depressants for over 2 years and only have beta-blockers and occasional use of Lorazepam when anxiety is really bad. I hardly ever use that and I have been coping with strategies I have adopted like trying to exercise more, finding time to relax etc. However I just feel now that I am beat... the thought of another week of pushing myself to get through each day only to find the next day to be the same old struggle. I thought that the panic would start to diminish and I supposed to some extent it has as I try and scale it and it does go down but the constant struggle seems to be making me feel down and I wonder if I should now just give in and go and seek help from my GP? I wish I could beat this.