I just wanted to share my happy news today on the arrival of my first grandchild, a little baby girl called Charlotte. It's been a tense 9mths of waiting and I can honestly say I've had more anxiety with my daughter in law being pregnant than when I had my son 29yrs ago

I've been feeling really excited but also very anxious and stressed out since yesterday teatime when I heard the baby was on it's way. Had a sleepless night too until I heard from my son that baby Charlotte had arrived safe and well by which time it was nearly morning.

It's not easy however being agoraphobic and worrying about goint to visit at the maternity unit. I've been a wreck all day waiting for the 1.30pm visiting time to start and then had a call to say my daughter in law is still in the delivery suite and won't be moved down to a ward till later today. Evening visiting times aren't till 7pm so I will have to sit and wait out this anxiety.

Hopefully I can takes some pics later on and post them for anyone that wants to see them.