Well I had the 'invitation' a couple of weeks ago to go for a routine mammogram this morning. I've been worried ever since I got the letter. I know I could have just ignored it, but I also knew that if I did I would worry about not going.

I can't even begin to describe how anxious and panicky I have been all night. None of this was helped by hearing someone climb over my back garden fence at 5am only to find my garden full of police and sniffer dogs, but that's another story.

Anyway I got through the mammograme okay, although it's left me feeling totally exhaused and feeling like I just want to go back to bed.

My worry now is the the radiographer said to me 'don't worry if you get a letter asking you to have another mammogram taken, sometimes we have to do that'. When I asked her where I would have to go if that was the case she told me it's the hospital in Edgware which is miles and miles away from where I live.

So already I am worrying myself sick that I will get a recall letter and I just know that even getting down the road to the mobile unit was terrifying and there is absolutely no way in a million years that I can get to Edgware.

Now I am wishing I hadn't gone because at least then I was blissfully ignorant