Hi everyone,

I have been on Venlafaxine / Efexor (whatever it's called since Christmas. I had the usual side effects for about a week.

I was suffering from severe anxiety- with only one symptom- chest pain. I had heart tests, and was told the pain was caused by anxiety. However, I could never rationalise when confronted with pain near the heart, and after several trips to A&E I was referred to a CBT therapist then a psychiatrist - who put me on 75mg of the drug.

Just before I saw the psychiatrist, I was on an upward roll- caused by a months exercise in a gym, and also the wonderful Dr Claire Weekes.

I now wonder what the drug is actually doing for me. Lately the pains have returned, although I am coping a lot better. Should 75 mg of this drug be enough to suppress the anxiety to an extent where the pain is non-existent? Or at least where I am not still fixated with my heart? Or is this hoping for too much? Does anyone have any views on the dosage? Also, just what should I expect from taking this drug?

Thanks for any comments! Also if anyone has suffered from similar symptoms as me- I would love to chat with you. Please mail, Yahoo, or MSN me!

Cheers people!
Martin