Morning everyone

Can I pick your brains?

About December time I was lying down and noticed my heart was only beating about 45 times a minute (normal is above 60). I'm not an athlete!

I had to go into hospital in the middle of December for a different reason, but the nurses started to panic a bit because my pulse and blood pressure were sitting really quite low (Pulse 45, BP 80/40). This happened a fair few times, but was always when I'd been asleep. I convinced them to let me go for a fag and a coffee, and it came up to normal

I mentioned it to my GP but he wasn't bothered. I didn't think much more about it.

Yesterday I was doing some CPR training and for some reason mentioned my sluggish pulse to the trainer. She started saying I might have Heart Block and I need to see the Doctor ASAP She said especially if you have dizziness and palpitations etc..... Well I do get dizzy, but I am almost certain that's anxiety because I only get it in situations I'm anxious in. Occasionally I get the odd palpitation, but again, it's when I'm stressed out. I had an ECG and 24H tape a few years ago which were fine. That was before my ultra-slow heart though.

I went up to work and asked one of the Doctors there. She said that it might not be heart block because my pulse rate goes up when I exercise, which it wouldn't. I was relieved. She then said I might have an underactive thyroid gland and need to see the GP Grrrrr. I do get slight discomfort in one area of my chest sometimes, but I've always thought that's probably muscular, and she said Heart Block doesn't hurt.

So now I'm stressing that I have some hideous heart condition! I checked my pulse 4 times since then and it's been over 60 every time.

Anyone have any ideas? I can't really see the GP for another week and my gut feeling is that there's nothing wrong with me. I told my boss, hoping she'd say 'don't be ridiculous'. She said 'see the Doctor'. Great.

Any ideas/experience very welcome!

Thanks,

xxx