Hi,

I would genuinely appreciate anyone's thoughts on my situation. I am late twenties and have suffered from Depression, GAD and Panic Attacks to greater or lesser degrees for about 10 years. I recently decided to try and face the music and go for a (maybe last ditch) attempt at resolving this with a course of CBT. I had heard so many good things about it I was convinced to try it. Despit the expense of the sessions, I took the plunge and have now had 3 sessions.

I have now had 3 sessions of CBT and feel totally confused as to what it's all about? I genuinely feel little, if any, relief from my anxiety and don't feel this is working at all? I am pretty gutted considering I had such high hopes. The sessions seem to revolve around me repeating my feelings about where the anxiety comes from (to a therapist who seems to remember very little about me each time). I have not been given any practical help about coping with symptoms but I have a book to read as 'homework'.

I apparently only need 4 sessions!!!!!!!! one left???????

I can't work out if I have picked a poor therapist or if my expectations were too high? I don't, after all, expect overnight results but I did expect to feel some progression and positivity??? I just feel uttlerly confused.

I would love to hear anyone else's stories on CBT treatment, particulary thise who have found it beneficial and, if so, did the treatment take a very different format to what I have described?

Thanks folks.

I have not felt any real relief from