Hello,

this is the first time I have ever joined a group like this ever. I suppose I have joined in the hope that I will find some answers & be able to speak to people that are able to relate to my problems in an understanding way.

If I am honest, I have probably suffered from GAD, depression & panic attacks for some years, its only in the last month & a half that it all became to much for me & so have sought help from my GP. The Dr is very good but cant always relate to some of my worries. I am off work at the moment & am taking Citalopram which seems to be slow working.

My current worry (as I have daily ones!) is that my mind seems to be playing word association. When I read it decides to choose a similar word to the one I am reading, or when reading a sentence it adds or replaces a word. I may see the word heat but my mind will read heart. The same goes when I think of saying something it thinks of another word. I have tried to calm myself but have not found anybody else who does the same thing.

I also find my mind, for example, picking up a time, a brand name on a label, a word or phrase spoken, pin no & then a couple of minutes later my mind will say it over & over again, sometimes I can work out where it comes from & other times they appear random.

I would be very pleased if anyone has the time to share any similar experiences that they have had, as it frightens me very much as, I feel i have no control over them & no one that really understands.

I must say, the fact that I have written this down & also read some of the stories, I have feelI have some hope.

Thank you very much for reading this.