I have been wondering for a while now if i could have anything physically wrong with me that could be causing some of my anxiety symtoms but i assumed that because i had been referred into the mental health system and now have a psychiatrist, CPN and therapy that this had somehow been ruled out.

However, after posting on here about how i had never had any testing on my bloods etc and the replies i received it gave me the confidence to ask my psychiatrist today.

She was EXTREMELY shocked to say the least that i had got this far through the system and hadnt had even the basics checked for ie. glucose, thyroid, kidneys, liver etc... she said she hadnt even checked because it is assumed it would have been done by the time i reached her.

She wrote a strongly worded letter to my GP there and then and demanded all these tests be done, probably wont come back with anything but it is always best to rule things out, and for my own peice of mind.

Basically, all i wanted to say is if anyone on here hasnt had a basic check up from their GP before they are diagnosed with anxiety/panic/depression please ask for it to be done immediately, it is your right and SHOULD have been carried out. I didnt know this until people on this site told me, and it gave me the confidence to ask today, im so glad i have, so thank you to you all!