Hi all, although things continue to go wrong and I think nothing else can go wrong it does, sometimes its so easy to become obsessed with these negative things 24/7 , and continuously look for the light at the end of the tunnel, which is always there, just someimes not as bright as others, but lately Ive decided to get up and dust myself down and carry on more!
Its not easy I wont pretend it is.
This weekend was a prime example, I always feel safe at home, I go to work and try to do other hobbies trips etc, but never venture into my home town, and dont like driving at all unless I know where im going.
Well my friend Kairen (who a lot of you know) continues to visit me regularly with her children, recently she invited me to her house, (2 and a half hours drive) At first i thought I could not do it, only done it once before a few years ago, other times went on train, but I realised its not fair for her to keep coming here if I wasnt going to make an effort again to start going to her,
So on Friday evening, feeling very anxious, scared and sick, spending the leadup reading her texts all the time, with my sat nav on and a back up plan, covered by a back up plan, covered by another back up plan I set off.
Kairen wanted to meet me like she did before as she is wonderful and so supportive, but i decided I must do this alone, she told me to get my music on and dont think about it, so I did, all I kept focusing on was my weekend with her and the girls and the room she spent ages tidying for me,
The journey was not uneventful travelling through a very busy city bypass on a Friday night in rush hour, but i did it, I felt all the usual symptoms, but I arrived, had the best weekend in almost 2 years and was so sad to leave.
I even did the shops, only having to wander out once when Kairen was on looking for shoes and 45 mins in one area was too much.That was more heat than anxiety, never felt anxious at all whilst there,
We had a super weekend, a bit too much alcohol, but never mind,I was just hoping to help others who are not feeling so good etc at mo,