I'm agrophobic, so I felt really brave heading to the supermarket today. Bit anxious as I got my trolley and headed inside, but OK. Until I saw the prices of things.

I was horrified how the price of staple foods - bread, chicken, eggs, potatoes, fish fingers - has risen. Of course, the horror brought on a panic attack. I managed to cling to my trolley and make my way round, looking for all the bargains and cheap offers. My heart was pounding & my vision blurred.

This might sound silly, but I like to keep a well-stocked food cupboard. It's a security blanket for me. I know I can feed my family for some days should anything untoward happen. I couldn't afford the basics today, let alone things to restock the cupboard.

I was badly frightened, shocked and depressed. I felt like a pauper going round. I started to think of my daughter who is expecting my first grandchild. How are they going to manage? I've been on the internet all afternoon collecting coupons and offers. It's 2am in the morning now and I can't sleep. I'm still on the edge of panic.

What are we going to do? I don't have the ability to shop around. My partner
usually shops for me. This has really set me back in my efforts to get some normality back in our lives. And it looks like an issue that's going to be here a long time. I don't need this pressure. It's too much.