I was first put on this in 1998 for depression and ocd and I have to say it worked wonders on my ocd symptoms within two weeks it had made a huge difference. I was initialy on 20mg but suffered a couple of depression relapses so was upped to 30mg which I am on to this day I want to try and come off it but am scared at the thought. I did have one period five years ago after being mugged I had a major breakdown and my doc told me to take 30mg of valium as well as upping my seroxat to 50 mg a day not a good move GPs really like to play god sometimes. I literaly went off my head the 50mg of seroxat put me on another planet I could not even co-ordinate my legs to walk in a straight line after two weeks I put myself back down to 30mg and hey presto felt normal again with no side effects. Seroxat is strong and several docs and pyscs Ive seen have told me that different people handle different amounts my limit is 30mg, incidentally their is a medical paper cant remember who published it but it claims that there is no added benefit to taking any more than 20mg of seroxat a day. Just thought I would share my experience in case it may be of use to you out there, one other point I have found is that excessive alchohol consumption and I mean excessive not just a few pints can limit the effects of the drug in my experience anyway, I have also found that I can take my tabs 5 out of 7 days with no adverse effects as I know they have a very short half life, hope this can be of help to somebody , bye Owain