I'm still trying to work out what triggered my health anxiety but remain confused! I woke up one day with it. I had spent the weekend before busy and healthy and happy (family party on the sat afternoon then swimming with the kids on the sunday) and on the monday I had health anxiety. I had never been obsessed with any symptoms i'd had before. When I was 18 I suffered from acute appendicitis for 8 months before the docs took me seriously and removed it (it was very enlarged by the time they did) but I never got worked up about it and took it all in my stride. I also got through 2 pregnancies without any anxiety. Anyway on this morning i woke up feeling like s**t - swollen glands and really tired and weak and so went to the doc who was fairly dismissive and told me to rest (with a 2 yr and 5 yr old at home). Anyway it all escalated from there but I still dont understand why I went from not fearing illness to becoming obsessed with it all.

So what i want to know is do you know what triggered off your anxiety or are you as baffled as me?

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter