Hey. I'm new, my name is Diz.
I was looking around the forums a bit and I was amazed to see how many other people here are emetophobic.
I think my emetophoiba started when I was about 7 and I had tonsilitis. I lost my appetite and felt s*** all the time. Since then I completely lost my appetite for food and have had a fear of being s***.
I do anything I can to stop myself, I chew mint gum, eat breath mints, run my wrists under water...anything really. I also don't like going to school feeling s***, so the night before school I make sure I'm hungry and I starve myself until I get home.
It has been causing me to have panic attacks and I also have extreme anxiety and depression. This has been getting in the way of my school work, and I constantly have to sit my doors so I can get out if I need to. I also can't be in an exam hall when I take my exams, but I need to be put in a seperate room with an examinor incase I panic or something.
I was just wondering if anyone has any techniques to stop nausea or something, because even when I feel hungry, I'm convinced I'm going to be s***.
Ah that feels good to get out, I haven't told anyone.
Thank you