Crazy-but I'm afraid my house will catch fire if I'm not here. I worry about my little dog and cat struggling to live as the smoke and flames get closer.

I have been housebound in the past and everyday I feel it is a battle to get out the front door so I am concerned that this new thought in my head will lead to another (unwelcome) period of agoraphobia.

To make matters worse I live in a remote spot on a peninsula of land so it would take anyone atleast 30 minute top reach my house. Also I have no neighbours so there is no one to report the fire if I am not at home.
My dog is very small so I am able to take her with me when I leave and thankfully my beloved cat eagerly goes outside for the day. owever the weather has been rainy and she hasn't wanted to go out and I don't want to force her into the rain just because I think the house is going to burn down. the other thought is forcing her into the rain is a small discomfort vs death if she is trapped in a burning house.

Getting an alarm system is too much money at the moment and I am really tortured by this these toughts. In my worst moments of anxiety / depression, guilt overwhelms me and I feel like I should have never adopted my cat and dog because I can't give them a good life if I am always sobbing.

I don't know how to react positively to these intrusive thoughts-any feed back would be deeply appreciated.

Thank you for your time.