Hi Lyn

I have an appointment to see my head of practice GP on Monday, just the routine keeping up kind. I'm hoping to re-iterate that stopping the meds too quickly threw me into such a panic resulting in my visit to the psychiatrist. If he's any good he should have a re-educating word with his young collegue. It sounds as if your younger GPs are clued up so maybe I've just fallen foul of a very unsypathetic person. If he were to experience the symptoms I had in those first couple of weeks I'm sure he would re-think similar future consultations.

You are so right re the Celexa, I didn't believe at the time that they would 'help' as I'd gone into such a panic but this last day or so I can honestly say that I do feel calmer. The night sweats have eased, also the chronic indigestion. I am taking them earlier/first thing in the morning, so maybe that has made a difference? The main thing is that the overwhelming feeling of drowning in anxiety at night has passed. I wake up now and just lie calmly, if I drop back that's great, if not it's no big deal now. We went to an after wedding buffet last night. A few weeks ago I would have been anxious, a fortnight ago I just wouldn't have gone, but last night I just went for it. It did cross my mind that I might run out of the pace in a panic so I took the spare car keys just in case, somewhere to sit while hubby and son were inside. But I didn't panic and even managed to chat with others guests. There must be something working with the Celexa mustn't there. I'm so chuffed today about it too so that has given me a boost. They could have found something that works better than Benzo's did, but how long before they stop these and I'm back to square one?

My son has struggled with on/off depression for some years now and at last I can listen and advise when he comes in from work after a really bad day. I'm trying to get him to see Doctor again as he stopped taking Seroxat a couple of years ago. He is probably as 'down' as I've seen him for some time but at least I'm able to listen and advise without feeling anxious about not knowing where to turn for him either.

Thank you again Lyn and everyone else who has helped me here.

Jan.x