Hi

I'm currently off work suffering with depression and anxiety. Feel pretty low today cos work are putting me on half pay (and I only work part time anyway). So I will basically be getting next to nothing this month, which is great at this time of year - not. Been awake all night worrying.

The problem is because I had a major back operation in Nov last year and now I'm off sick with depression, basically I've gone over the 6 months sick pay criteria. I put in a letter of appeal and after 4 weeks was told yesterday that I did not come under the exceptional circumstances criteria and that they will not keep me on my full pay. This is despite being signed off by my GP - seems to count for nothing. I'm feeling really sorry for myself because I had the back problem for over 10 years, had the operation done (which was quite traumatic - it was a spinal fusion) and it was a success. But now I feel I'm being penalised for it. I have been in my job 15 years and work were well aware I needed the op.
Hence feel pretty low today. Has anyone else had a similar experience?