I just wanted to see if anyone on here has extreme fears of doctors/medical situations. I know we all have fears of this but mine is now becoming extreme.

My fears come from being from a medical family and growing up hearing about diseases and death. Ironically my family is full of hypochondriacs but they avoid the doctor. I know this is learned behavior and probably genetic but I really want to try and get over this paralyzing fear.

Now that I am struggling with panic attacks and anxiety, it is making my health anxiety worse. Since the anxiety can be crippling, now the thought of even being in a doctor's office is impossible. I know this sounds ridiculous but I cannot get past this fear.

I am beginning therapy for my anxiety and the therapist knows about my severe medical phobia and says it is common. I hope she has solutions to help but I always have doubts.

This is a fear that is going to take time and I feel that many doctors do not have patience for people like me. I have these thoughts from seeing the medical professionals in my family.

Can a doctor or nurse make a house call for someone like me? Having any medical person near me is very traumatic but I feel if I were at least in my "comfort zone" would help me to begin to get over my fears. I specifically ask that to any Americans on here, since our policies are probably different than the UK. From what I see here in the US, it seems visiting doctors are very geriatrics.

I am so ashamed of this fear, but it is so real for me and I feel no doctors or nurses will understand this for a grown woman, but I need to get over it. Thank you for any help!